Monday, April 18, 2011

PRATT Draw-A-Thon -part 1


This past weekend I attended one of my favorite annual art events, The Draw-A-Thon at The Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY.

Starting at 7PM Friday night and running until 7AM Saturday morining, this massive event is a true test of each artist's and model's endurance and passion for their craft. Stretching over twelve hours, filling seven rooms to capacity with artists of all ages, skill levels and practicing a variety of mediums. All working to capture the performances of eighteen models in poses which would impress some yoga instructors.

This year I beat my personal record of nine hours by lasting eleven hours. After the pizza break at midnight the drum circle performs and their energy is contagious. I had such an adrenaline high that I crashed as soon as I got back to my car in the morning.

As you could imagine I was quite productive in this time period so I have over two hundred drawings to sort through and scan. I will be posting some of my favorites very soon.

I highly recommend this event for all artists. It is such a thrill to be a part of the energy which is stirred up by all of these creative minds under one roof.


2 comments:

  1. I attended this as well. It's such an amazing event, unfortunately I had to leave already at 2 am, maybe next year I will get the chance to sty for the full duration.

    You should definitely post some of your drawings from this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you at future events.

    It my favorite art event of the year. Wish they did it more often.

    I get so much momentum for being around all of the creative energy that I produce more work in the weeks after it.

    Every year I try to stay longer and draw more than the previous year.

    My drawing are pretty big, gonna take some time to scan.

    ReplyDelete